Where is Maldives located?
The geographic coordinates of Maldives is 3°15′N 73°00′E.
The nation is located in the north of the equator and lies between latitudes of 4 degrees-17 North and also longitude 73 degree-50 East. Maldives lies subcontinent expanding as much as 823 kilometers to the west of Sri-Lanka. Maldives has a total coast of 644km with northernmost atoll is positioned around 110 km south of India’s Mini Coy Island formerly part of Maldives, 455 kilometers Northern end of CHAGOS ARCHIPELAGO.
Do you have a B2B online system for travel agents & tour operators?
Splendid Asia Maldives has their own B2B online booking system for their partners with real-time booking confirmation.
What is the visa requirement to enter Maldives?
Maldives is a visa FREE country for all the Nationals in the world.
30 days tourist visa is extended to all the tourists arriving the Maldives with a valid hotel booking voucher, a return ticket and proof of enough funds for your holiday.
What is the best time to visit Maldives?
Maldives is an year around destination. You can almost visit anytime of the year to Maldives. However, its almost sunny everyday if you visit from end of November to April, also considered as high season.
What are the things that are restricted to carry when you visit Maldives?
- Narcotics and psychotropic substances (if found with possession punishable by law upto 25 years in prison)
- Pornographic material (including sex toys) such as books, magazines, films, videos.
- Religious materials offensive to Islam
- Idols (for worship)
- Liquor and alcoholic products (Available in resort Islands)
- Firearms / explosives / weapons / ammunition
- Live plants and animals
How to get to Maldives?
You can get to Maldives by 2 ways. The most common way is to fly by a plane (private jet, regular & charger airlines). And the second way to go Maldives is via Sea (yacht & cruise liners).
LIST OF AIRLINES: (JANUARY 2022)
EUROPE (SCHEDULED): AEROFLOT, AIR FRANCE, AUSTRIAN AIRLINES, AZUR AIR RUSSIA, BRITISH AIRWAYS, CONDOR, EDELWEISS, LUFTHANSA, NEOS, TURKISH AIRLINES, AIR UKRAINE, NORDWIND
EUROPE (CHARTERED): AIR ASTANA, AZUR AIR UKRAINE, GULLIVAIR, IBERIA, LOT POLISH AIRLINES, UKRAINE INTERNATIONAL, UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS
MIDDLE EAST (SCHEDULED): EMIRATES, ETIHAD AIRWAYS, FLY DUBAI, GULF AIR, SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES, QATAR AIRWAYS
INDIA (SCHEDULED): AIR INDIA, INDIGO, GOAIR
INDIA (CHARTERED): AIR VISTARA
OTHERS (SCHEDULED): AIR ASIA THAILAND, AIR SEYSCHELLES, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, SRILANKAN AIRLINES
OTHERS (CHARTERED):MONGOLIAN AIRLINES, US-BANGLA AIRLINES
Do you provide API connectivity?
Splendid Asia Maldives is the only DMC in the Maldives providing the REST API connectivity to their system, making it seamless to their partners looking for such connectivity.
How to get your hotel when you arrive to Maldives?
There are multiple transfer options available to get your choice of accommodation in the Maldives. Types of transfers defer from each other, therefore check with the booked hotel and us with the best way to get to your choice of hotel.
Types of transfers: Seaplanes (Hydroplanes), Domestic wheeled aircrafts, speedboats, yachts or ferryboats to explore within this atolls and islands.
When is the most expensive & the cheapest time to travel Maldives?
The most expensive period to visit Maldives is from December to April. This is also the peak season for Maldives and required to book well in advance to guarantee your hotel.
Cheapest period to visit Maldives is from May to November. This is considered as the low season and accommodations are discounted up to 70% throughout the destination compared to high season.
What are the types of accommodations provided in Maldives?
- Resort Islands: These are the most exclusive type of accommodation in the Maldives with a unique concept of 1 Island, 1 Resort. These are privately leased islands to run an individual hotel with the utmost privacy like no other place in the world.
- Guest Houses: These are budget friendly accommodations (4 – 49 rooms) found in Local Islands and cities, each of these islands has a designated private bikini beach for tourists.
- City Hotels: Mostly for business travelers visiting the Maldives for business purpose.
- Liveaboards: Most known as Safari boats (6 – 25 cabins per boat) are perfect for divers and explorers looking for most out of what Maldives has to offer.
- Home Stay: Cheapest type of accommodation available in the Maldives, room for rents from local homes, living with the families in your own private room. This is the best way to experience the Maldives culture.